The specialised working design fields in which the COGECI civil engineering department works include but are not limited to the following:
- Wastewater treatment plants and tanks (conventional circular, rectangular, oval structures, compact stations, underground stations, stations with shallow or deep foundations,
- Industrial sites (factories, boiler rooms, incineration plants, etc.),
- Underground and surface car parks,
- SNCF maintenance centres,
- Miscellaneous underpinnings (soldier pile walls, sheet piling, diaphragm walls, reinforced concrete walls, cofferdams, localised shielding, anchored walls, etc.).
In addition to this main activity, which is to produce working designs, the civil engineering department carries out the following complementary missions:
- Creation of detailed preliminary designs or compiling of the request for tenders on behalf of public and private sector Project Managers and Project Owners.
- Design verification services on projects run by traditional Project Managers (external verification missions) or within a group of contractors (external verification missions).
- Studies for detailed preliminary designs or designs, with variant solutions and advisory missions to contractors for purposes of technical and financial optimisation of projects, before the contractor submits its bids..
- Design and construction support services within a consortium (architect, contractor, engineering firm) set up in order to participate in a design and construction competition..